Birthday memories

 My memories of Birthdays. 

I don't have too many memories of special birthdays. There was one birthday that I remember most. I got my first guitar for Christmas when I was 12 years old and began to take lessons on the guitar. The birthday that I remember the best was a few years later when Mom put together a party of all the people that I played guitar with and we had a jam session for hours. 

As I got older birthdays were on so celebrated and it wasn't a thing for me. Many times after my wife died I would go on disaster trips and would be in the most desolate place with a group of others that had no idea it was my birthday. I celebrated in my heart doing the greatest thing ever. 

Today I have friends that won't let me forget to celebrate my birthday. I have an insatiable love for Doritos. So much so that I don't keep them in my house or I'll eat the entire bag in one sitting. One year all my friend thought it would be grand to buy me two huge bags of Doritos for my birthday. It was indeed and grand present. 

The best present anyone can give to me for birthdays or otherwise is an apple pie. Mom could make the best apple pies for me on my birthday. Over the years I've found some apple pies that come close to Mom's but still not quite the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I admired most about Mom

How did your mother raise you?

Closer to Mother or Father