The first years of Life

This is the house that I first remember. It had four rooms on the first floor and two rooms upstairs. This picture was after the porch was moved from the right side of the house to this front side of the house. I'm not sure when that happened but I can remember Dad doing it. I have fond memories of Playing in this front yard. 

I didn't actually see Dad doing it but heard stories about how he pulled it around the house with the farmall tractor that I farmed with many years later. He was concentrating on the moving of the porch and dropped the front wheels into the cellar by the house. I'm not sure how it got the front wheels out of the cellar but Dad was very creative on how to get things done. There was a big tree in the front yard just to the right of this picture that had big bulges on the trunk of the tree. It was a great tree to climb with foot holds on the bumps. I had many wonderful play times in this yard. Just down the hill to the right of this picture was a creek that usually dried up during the summer but would have full bank water rushing down it's channel during a summer downpour. It was a wonderful place to play. Exploratory adventures were in abundance during my early years of life. There were very few friends in my early years of life but it wasn't a lonesome time for me and Mom certainly knew I never got bored with life. It's a wonder she survived my curiosity. We lived in this house until I was 8 years old. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I admired most about Mom

How did your mother raise you?

Closer to Mother or Father