What were my first memories

At the early age of three I was already mastering my driving skills under the teaching of my Dad. This is the same tractor that Dad used to pull porch to it's new position on the house. The tractor didn't have an electric starter on it so a crank had to be used to start the beast. To eliminate the cranking, Dad parked it on a hill to coast start it.

Thinking that I was ready for a solo run, I decided to play on the tractor and somehow released the brakes and coasted this relic right down into a tree. Fortunately I didn't try to to bale out but rode it like I knew what to do. It's a good thing the hill wasn't steep or too long. It didn't damage the tractor but my mother's emotions were another thing.












antics 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I admired most about Mom

How did your mother raise you?

Closer to Mother or Father