How did your mother raise you?

Mom's role in my life.

Mom taught me to pursue my passions in life. I always thought that I would be a farmer. She let me spend summers when school was out on my uncles farm helping him with his farming. I'm not sure that she knew I was driving tractors at age 8 by myself but She allowed me to mature within the environment where I thrived. When I changed directions in high school and found what would be a career choice in technology. She and Dad funded the schooling to pursue that direction. When I look back on the path and support I received from both Mom and Dad to find my direction in life, I am humbled by their wisdom and grateful for their unwavering belief in my potential. Mom and Dad both gave me good examples of what a solid work ethic looked like. 

When I reached the age of sports, I was surprised that Mom whole heartedly allowed me to play football and run track. Through all the years of sports participation she went to every game and track meet she could even though she never learned anything about what was happening.  I excelled more in football than track but still accumulated more trophies and ribbons than I remembered. Mom outperformed anyone I know in organization. She made a scrap book of not just my sporting accomplishments but the whole school during my years of high school. She had all the newspaper clippings and even recorded one of the football games that was on the radio. I can't imagine having a better Mom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I admired most about Mom

Closer to Mother or Father